Yoga Teacher Training in Dharamsala
Himachal Pradesh is the best place for those who wants to get in touch with their spiritual side and wants peace and practicing yoga amongst the mystic mountains and beautiful dark forests with only you as your company can surely give anyone this overwhelming experience.
Come and join us in a tranquil journey to get in touch with your spiritual side
“Yoga Teacher Training ashtanga vinsysa yoga ” (200 hours)
Theme of the course
Ashtanga yoga :
Ashtanga Yoga is a practice and philosophy that aims at humanity’s physical , psychological and spiritual health and development. It is not bound to any religion, political lineage, or other association,though it does have its own definition of God’s appearance.
It is a style of yoga codified and popularized by K. PattabhuJois during the 20th century which is often promoted as a modern-day form of Classical Indian Yoga. Ashtanga means eight limbs or branches, of which asana or physical yoga posture is merely one branch, breath or pranayama is another. Both PattabhiJois and SharathJois encourage practice of Ashtanga Yoga – all eight limbs. The first two limbs – Yamas and Niyamas – are given special emphasis to be practiced in conjunction with the 3rd and 4th limbs (asana and pranayama).
Introductions and history:
“astanga yoga series ” (originally there were six sequences of postures ) and pattabhijois, with the encouragement of krishnamacharya,took the instructions as the basis of his practice and teaching .
Ashtanga taught by PattabhiJois is a form of hatha yoga which focuses on asana(postures) and pranayama (breath control).
The elements of Ashtangayoga:Vinyasa (breath-synchronised motion), Ujjayi Pranayama (victorious breathing), bandhas (inner locks), dristis (gaze points).
Primary series: Sun salutations A and sun salutation B, standing series, seated series, finishing sequence
Jump backs and jump through.
Practicing relaxation techniques such as yoga can help you achieve the relaxation response, a state of deep calmness that counteracts the negative effects of stress. When practiced regularly, these activities can lead to a reduction in everyday stress levels, anxiety, and muscle tension as well as an improvement in mood, energy, and focus.
- Practice techniques for postures of Ashtanga and a few more advance postures .
- How to use yoga props like block, bolster, strap, blanket, and wall in your yoga practice.
- Observation and feedback on your personal practice by teacher’s every day.
- Themed workshops are conducted on alternate days to help you understand and practice these safely and effectively
- Daily hands-on-adjustments are given to students by expert teachers to deepen your physical practice
Teaching practice :
- It includes detailed instruction in the technical aspects of asanas(postures) , pranayama(breathing exercise),mudras (gestures) ,bandhas (energy locks) and meditations.
- We show you how to observe your students and what to look for so that you can quickly help them , how to correct students with verbal instructions and safe hands- on adjustments , how to teach students at all levels
- Regular feedback are given by teachers and fellow students about your teaching so that you can improve and find your unique voice and style as a teacher.
Teaching methodology and technique
- Principles of demonstration,
- Observing, assisting and correcting,
- Instruction, teaching styles, qualities of a teacher,
- Voice projection, floor presence
- Encouraging, caring and guiding the progress of students
- Alignment and hands-on-adjustment
- Dealing with injuries and safety precautions
- Business aspects of teaching yoga.
Philosophy content :
- Meaning of yoga, concepts, history, uses of yoga in future
- Four paths of yoga ( Jnana, Raja, Bhakti, Karma Yoga)
- Hatha yoga, Nadis (energy channels), Chakras, kundalini
- Yoga sutras, aim of yoga, modification of mind, mental disposition, different levels of preparation, five afflictions, meaning of OM, Eight limbs of yoga, Kriya yoga,
- Obstacles on the path of yoga, physical and mental disturbances caused by an un-concentrated mind, means to overcome obstacles, methods to control the modifications of mind
Part 1 –
The human body,digestive system,circulatory system,respiratory system,muscular system,nervous system,endocrine system,sketal system,excretory system,homeostasis ,posture
Part 2 –
- anatomy and physiology of yogic practice
- Mudra,bandha and kriya
- The science of aum
Business aspect of yoga :
- Career as a teacher
- Setting up your own studio, school or business
- Building network with other yoga teachers, schools , studios and retreats
6.30 – 8.30 am Monday to Fridays – shatakarmaAshtanga primary series, Saturdays – advance posture or Partner Yoga
8.45 – 10.00 am Chanting, pranayama and meditation everyday
10.00 – 11.00 am Breakfast
11.00 – 1.00 pm Alignment, adjustment, techniques, practicum, methodology, teaching practice
3.00 – 5.00 pm Philosophy and anatomy on alternate days
5.00 – 6.00 pm advance posture on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, yoga with props on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- The course fee including the deposit of $200 is strictly non-refundable, non-cancellable and non-transferable.